Just about everyone has experienced a muscle cramp or Charley horse. If you have, you probably still remember the sudden tight and intense pain caused by a muscle locked in a spasm. It can happen while you sit, walk, lift weights, or even sleep. Sometimes the slightest movement that shortens
It is a common misconception that a “deep tissue” is just a massage done with firm pressure. Many also believe that deep tissue is not beneficial unless it’s painful and produces post-massage soreness. However the “No pain, No gain” mentality doesn’t translate into the world of massage therapy. There’s rarely
Did you hurt your knee while playing basketball last night? Or do you have constant neck tension due to a desk-bound job? What’s the best way to get pain relief at home? Ice packs and heating pads are among the most commonly used therapies in self care and professional treatments
Have you ever wondered why some people can swing a golf club like its a natural movement whereas others struggle to twist and miss the ball entirely? Or how a guitar player can progress from slowly strumming cords to playing full and fluid songs? If you’ve ever tried to learn
- Simple Ways to Prevent and Detect Skin Cancer
- Headaches and Massage
- Dry Brushing: What it is and Why it’s Important
- Posture Perfect
- Bending without Breaking: A Look at Hypermobility
- Dip Your Hands In This
- Muscle Cramps, Charley Horses, or Spasms: Here’s how to beat them.
- Under too much pressure? Why deep tissue massage should not be painful.
- Heat it or Ice it? Guidelines for pain relief.
- Muscle Memory: Why practice makes perfect until it hurts
- The Low Back Pain Cycle
- The Benefits of Chair Massage
- Recovering from a workout can be a pain- But it doesn’t have to be
- 6 Ways to Maximize Massage Benefits
- Don’t Forget to Breathe
- Feeling Knotty: What is a Muscle Knot?
- Is Your Phone a Pain in Your Neck?